The Baker is another part of the your Town's "bloodline". He will craft bread and cake to provide for all your Town Workers' needs. He will be crafting bread in the furnace, provided that the deliveryman (or yourself) give him/her all the wheat to do it. the baker will also craft a cake if you provide him/her with the appropriate items required (at the moment deliveryman will not deliver the items required for crafting cakes, has to be provided by player).
Before you choose a place to build his hut, take into account the location from warehouse and/or farmer(s). After you have selected a place for the hut you have to craft the “Builder’s Hut” block in the crafting table and use your Buiding Tool to place the building. Once you "commit" to the placement of the Baker's Hut, the block will be placed and the baker will be automatically assigned (or you can manually assign one with the best "Traits" for the Baker if you changed this in the setting tab in the Town Hall's GUI).
- Best Traits are: Intelligence and Dexterity.
You now officially have a "Baker!" CONGRATULATIONS!
Now you will have a Baker so he can start crafting bread and cakes right away. You will have to issue the builder the "Build" assignment so he can build the "baker's Hut". He will be asking for the materials he/she needs. Make sure to check the "chat" section of Minecraft regularly to see what materials the builder is requesting for any build/upgrade,also you can check the page 2 of the builder's GUI to see a list of the materials that are required.
Once the builder is done, you can think about upgrading the baker’s hut so that the worker can craft more bread at a faster pace.
- Hint: If you see the builder has not finished a work order and you don't see the builder asking for any materials, go to the builder's hut and "recall' the builder and wait a bit to see what the builder needs. Watch the Minecraft "chat" section. Also you can go to page 2 of the builder's hut GUI and check the list of materials required, any material in the list that is still missing will be in red colored letters.
Now you can access the Baker's Hut block (right click on it) and you will see a GUI with different options:
The Worker assigned and his/her Level. (the Worker levels up in time by doing his/her work. The higher the level the faster and more efficient he/she will be). And the buttons:
- Fire/Hire Worker If you think you have a better Citizen for the job with better skills or "Traits"
- Recall Worker If the builder gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the builder has or give the builder something directly.
- Build/Upgrade Building to create the build/upgrade work order for this building.
- Repair Building So the builder can recreate the original building (at the current level) and fix any broken, missing, unwanted addons to the original building.
- Inventory This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the "Worker" takes and deposits materials, tools and anything he/she finds along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a "drop" saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).