The Apiary is where the Beekeeper works. The Beekeeper breeds bees and harvests honeycombs or honey bottles (you can choose which on the second page of the Apiary’s GUI).
The level of the Apiary determines the max number of hives the Beekeeper can take care of:
|Max Number of Hives
Note: If the Beekeeper is asking for hives but there are some nearby, make sure you’ve set the hives for them to take care of with the hive tool. This tool is accessed from the second page of the Apiary GUI (see below).
Research: No research is required for this building.
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the minimum stock.
Use this button to tell the Apiary to keep a minimum stock on hand. Set items will be displayed above the button.
The third tab of the GUI is the settings.
Breeding: On by default. Here you can choose if the Beekeeper will breed bees.
Honeycombs or Honey: Here you choose if the Beekeeper will collect honeycombs, honey bottles, or both. They will collect whatever shows on the GUI.
The fourth tab of the GUI is the flowers list.
Here you designate what flowers you want the Beekeeper to request and use during breeding.
Each row contains a button to toggle the usage of this item on or off. By default this is off for all items.
There are also two controls on the page:
- The black box at the top is a search field.
- Reset to default allows you to reset everything to off.
The fifth tab of the GUI is the hive tool.
Click this button to get the hive tool, which is how you select which hives the Beekeeper will take care of. To select a hive, right-click on it with the hive tool. Right-click on a hive again to remove it.