The Archery is where your Archers in Training will train to become Archer. This also allows them to level up without a risk of dying to mobs. A new Archer in Training will need a bed in a house in order to spawn. However, once they are hired at the Archery, that becomes their new residence and the bed in the house will open up for another new citizen (child or recruit).
The number of students that can be trained at a time depends on the level of the Archery.
|Max # of Students
The Archers in Training require a bow to practice. They will shoot at the practice targets, a target block (hay bale in 1.15) on a fence post. While shooting, they will try to stand at a place designated either by glowstone or by any block specially tagged as a standing point (tagging any block means that glowstone is ignored).
The Archers in Training are not actual Guards even though they will be dressed as Archer Guards. They will not help defend the colony.
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the minimum stock.
Use this button to tell the Archery to keep a minimum stock on hand. Set items will be displayed above the button.