Chicken Herder’s Hut
Welcome to the Chicken Herder’s Information Site.
Before you choose a place to build the Chicken herder’s Hut, take into account the location from the Restaurant, Warehouse and/or other Herder(s). After you have selected a place for the hut you have to craft the Chicken Hut block and place it with the Building Tool. Once the Chicken Hut is placed, the Herder will be automatically assigned (or you can manually assign one with the best Traits for a Herder if you changed this in the settings tab in the Town Hall’s GUI.
Now you will have to issue the builder the “Build” assignment so it can build the “Chicken Herder’s Hut”. Once the builder is done, you will have to capture and bring in 2 Chickens to the herder’s hut. The herder will not catch and bring in any Chickens, only breed and butcher the ones in his hut area, so make sure you provide it with 2 initial Chickens.
Note: The Herder will only keep alive 2 Chickens per hut level, so at level 5 they will have 10 Chickens in their holding pens alive to breed and butcher. This means they will keep MORE and have faster production and collection of meats, drops and by products. So:
|Building Level||Chickens “Housed”|
Now you can access the Chicken’s Hut block (right click on it) and you will see a GUI with different options:
The Worker assigned and it's Level. (The worker levels up in time by doing it's work. The higher the level the faster and more efficient they will be). And the buttons:
- Manage Worker: Hire and Fire workers, if you think you have a better citizen for the job with better skills or traits.
- Recall Worker: If the worker gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the worker has or give them something directly.
- Build Options: To create the build/upgrade/relocation/repair work order for this building.
- Delivery Priority: Automatic or Static option to set priority that the deilveryman will deliver requested items. (1/10 is the lowest priority and 10/10 is the highest priority)
- List of Recipes: Lists the recipes that you have taught to this worker's hut.
- Teach Recipe: Opens a 2x2 or 3x3 crafting grid or which allows you to teach this hut recipes, which the currently assigned worker will use to craft items that they require.
- Inventory: This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the worker takes and deposits materials, tools and anything they find along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a drop; saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).