The Composter’s Hut is where the Composter will turn organic materials into compost, which can be used by the Farmer or Florist to fertilize crops or flowers. They can also create dirt if you have the setting enabled, which the Builder can use in buildings. The Composter uses compost barrels to make compost or dirt.
Hint: The higher the level of the Composter’s Hut, the more compost barrels the Composter will be able to use. So:
Composter’s Hut GUI
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the items to compost.
Here you will see a list of all the items that were recognized for the Composter’s Hut to use, including modded items.
Each row contains a button to toggle the usage of this item on or off. By default this is off for all items.
There are also two controls on the page:
- The black box at the top is a search field.
- Reset to default allows you to reset everything to off.
The third tab of the GUI is the settings.
Produce Dirt: Turning this on will make dirt instead of compost. It also occassionally produces podzol.
Min Warehouse Stock: This is the minimum number of an item to be left in the warehouse before the hut will request and compost other items. The default is 16.