The Courier runs back and forth from the Warehouse to all the worker huts in your colony, delivering materials to workers and putting finished products in the Warehouse. Each Courier needs their own hut, and you can have up to 10 Couriers per Warehouse, depending on the Warehouse’s level (2 per Warehouse level).
The level of the Courier’s Hut will dictate how many items the Courier can deliver, so if you want them to carry more materials/tools, upgrade their hut. Upgrading the hut will also increase the amount of requests they can keep track of at a time.
|Courier’s Hut Level||Max Stacks Carried|
The greater a Courier’s Agility skill, the faster they’ll run. The greater their Adaptability skill, the more huts they can visit before going back to the Warehouse.
Note: You MUST build the Warehouse to at least level 1 so the Courier can do their work.
Note: If you have multiple Warehouses, Couriers will only see the items in the Warehouse they are assigned to.
Research: No research is required for this building.
Courier’s Hut GUI
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the tasks.
This tab shows you any requests the hut is working on, and where it is going.