The Dyer’s Hut is where the Dyer will craft dyes and dye other items, including red nether bricks and dark prismarine. They won’t dye concrete or concrete powder, though. The Dyer will only do this if they receive a request from another worker and have the necessary materials. The Dyer’s Hut automatically knows how to make green dye and red sand, but you must teach it the recipes for the other dyes and the dyed items.
Hint: The number of recipes you can teach the Dyer’s Hut doubles per building level. So:
|Dyer’s Hut Level||Number of Recipes|
Hint: The higher the level of the Dyer’s Hut, the more furnaces the Dyer will have available. The number of furnaces they use depends on their Creativity level. So:
|Dyer’s Hut Level||Furnaces|
Hint: The higher the Dyer’s Dexterity level, the faster things will smelt. At high levels, they can go much faster than the player!
Dyer’s Hut GUI
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the crafting recipes.
Here you can see all the crafting recipes this building knows. The arrows allow you to move them up or down in priority. You are also able to disable or remove specific recipes.
- Teach Recipe: When clicking teach recipe, it opens a crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker).
The third tab of the GUI is the smelting recipes.
Here you can see all the smelting recipes this hut knows. The arrows allow you to move them up or down in priority. You are also able to disable or remove specific recipes.
- Teach Recipe: When clicking teach recipe, it opens a furnace grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes (not the worker). Place the item to smelt in the upper slot.
The fourth tab of the GUI is the fuel list.
Listed here are items that can be used by the Dyer’s Hut as fuel in their furnaces. Simply turn on any that you want your Baker to use, and a Courier will deliver those items to the Baker when they need fuel. All items are off by default.
There are also two controls on the page:
- The black box at the top is a search field.
- Reset to default allows you to reset everything to off.
The fifth tab of the GUI is the tasks.
This tab shows you any requests the hut is working on, and where it is going.
The sixth tab of the GUI is the settings.
Recipe Mode: This is unlocked by researching Warehouse Master in the University. This changes how multiple recipes for the same item are prioritized.
Priority: This is the default setting. The hut will try to use recipes that are higher up in their recipe list first.
Warehouse Stock: The hut will look in the warehouse first to see what resource you have more of before deciding what recipe it will use.