Welcome to the Fisherman’s Information Site.
Before you choose a place to build his hut, take into account that he has to be near water or that you personally will have to build him a pond close to his hut so he can fish.After you have selected a place for the hut you have to craft the Fisherman’s Hut block and place it with your Building Tool. Once the hut is placed, the Fisherman will be automatically assigned (or you can manually assign one with the best Traits for a fisherman if you changed this in the settings tab in the Town Hall’s GUI.
Note: The Fisherman will require a body of water of a minimum of 7 x 7 x 1 block deep for the Fisherman to be able to work. And it must be near his hut.
Once the builder is done, you can think about upgrading the Fisherman’s hut to expand the range at which it can fish as well as having a higher cap to the level it can reach.
Now you can access the Fisherman’s Hut block (right click on it) and you will see a GUI with different options:
The Worker assigned and it's Level. (The worker levels up in time by working. The higher the level the faster and more efficient it will be). And the buttons:
- Manage Worker: Hire and Fire workers, if you think you have a better citizen for the job with better skills or traits.
- Recall Worker: If the worker gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the worker has or give them something directly.
- Build Options: To create the build/upgrade/relocation/repair work order for this building.
- Delivery Priority: Automatic or Static option to set priority that the deilveryman will deliver requested items. (1/10 is the lowest priority and 10/10 is the highest priority)
- List of Recipes: Lists the recipes that you have taught to this worker's hut.
- Teach Recipe: Opens a 2x2 or 3x3 crafting grid or which allows you to teach this hut recipes, which the currently assigned worker will use to craft items that they require.
- Inventory: This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the worker takes and deposits materials, tools and anything they find along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a drop; saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).
Hint: You can give the Fisherman an enchanted fishing rod (only when the Hut is level 5) and reap the benefits of the treasures he/she will be catching for you. Also, the higher the level of the “Fisherman’s Hut” is, the higher the level of “loot” he will be fishing out.