Citizens will go to the HouseResidence they are assigned to at night to sleep. The HouseResidence is also a way to get more citizens for your colony.
Each level of the HouseResidence will house one citizen. So:
For additional citizens to spawn, you first have to have enough space in your HousesResidences to house your first four citizens. After you have created enough space for your initial four citizens, you have two options for your colony to grow. The first way is to have a free bed in your colony. You can also make space for a new citizen, go to the Tavern, wait for a traveler to show up, and then give them the items they request to recruit them.
Note: To have over 25 citizens, you must first complete the research in the University.
Research: No research is required for this building.
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Citizens: This will show you how many citizens are assigned to this hut, it also displays their name, and occupation (if employed).
- Manage Housing: This lets you change which citizens are assigned to this hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the housing assignment mode in the Town Hall block to manual; otherwise your citizens will be housed automatically.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Recall Citizens: Teleports all the citizens living here to the hut block.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.