The Library is the ONLY way for you to raise your Citizen’s Skills. When a Citizen Spawns, it will spawn with random skills, but the level of the skills also depend on the happiness level of the Town. So if the happiness level is low then the new citizens will spawn with low skill stats. In any case, if your citizen’s have low skill stats, then it’s time to get your citizens educated! For that purpose we have the Library. After you have crafted the Library block, use your Building Tool to place the building.
You can aasign Citizens to the library from it’s GUI, but only 2 citizens can be assigned per Library level. So we have:
|Building Level||Citizens “Educated”|
- Note: The Citizen will be RANDOMLY leveling up their skills as long as it’s assigned to the Library. Once you are satisfied with the level of skills it has reached, you have to FIRE it from the Library so it can be unemployed again and you can now HIRE it in any other worker hut, guard, etc. Awesome, right?
When accessing the Library’s Hut block (right clicking on it) you will see a GUI with different options:
This is the GUI for the Library's Hut. It shows the build "level" of the Hut. And the buttons:
- Manage Worker: Hire and Fire workers, if you think you have a better citizen for the job with better skills or traits.
- Recall Worker: If the worker gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the worker has or give them something directly.
- Build Options: To create the build/upgrade/relocation/repair work order for this building.
- Delivery Priority: Automatic or Static option to set priority that the deilveryman will deliver requested items. (1/10 is the lowest priority and 10/10 is the highest priority)
- List of Recipes: Lists the recipes that you have taught to this worker's hut.
- Teach Recipe: Opens a 2x2 or 3x3 crafting grid or which allows you to teach this hut recipes, which the currently assigned worker will use to craft items that they require.
- Inventory: This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the worker takes and deposits materials, tools and anything they find along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a drop; saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).
Note: The unemployed citizens will be the only ones available to HIRE in the Library. You will only be able to see available citizens to hire if there is room in the Library (according to it’s level).
So for example, if you have a Library level 1, you can only hire 2 citizens. If it already has 2 citizens assigned, it will only show you those two citizens currently assigned, with the "fire" button and will not list anymore to hire, until there is space availabe.
Hint: As soon as a Citizen is assigned to the Library, you will be able to help it level up faster by giving it Paper. Click on a Citizen assigned to the Library, then Click on the Requests button and you will be able to give it paper to help level it up faster.