Welcome to the Lumberjack Hut Information Site.
Before you choose a place to build the Lumberjack Hut, take into account the location from Trees, Warehouse and/or other Worker(s). After you have selected a place for the hut you have to craft the Lumberjack Hut block and place it with the Building Tool. Once the Lumberjack Hut is placed, the lumberjack will be automatically assigned (or you can manually assign one with the best Traits for a Lumberjack if you changed this in the settings tab in the Town Hall’s GUI.
Now you will have to issue the “Build” assignment so it can build the Lumberjack Hut”.
Note: Once the Lumberjack block is placed you can go to page 2 of the hut GUI and “define the sapling(s)” you want the Lumberjack to work with. All recognized saplings (even modded items, if coded correctly) will be listed there.
Now you can access the Lumberjack’s Hut block (right click on it) and you will see a GUI with different options:
The Worker assigned and their Level. (The worker levels up in time by doing their work. The higher the level the faster and more efficient they will be). And the buttons:
- Fire/Hire Worker: If you think you have a better citizen for the job with better skills or traits.
- Recall Worker: If the worker gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the worker has or give them something directly.
- Build/Upgrade Building: To create the build/upgrade/relocation work order for this building.
- Repair Building: So the builder can recreate the original building (at the current level) and fix any broken, missing or unwanted addons to the original building.
- List of Recipes: Lists the recipes that you have taught to this worker's hut.
- Teach Recipe: Opens a 2x2 crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes, which the currently assigned worker will use to craft items that they require.
- Inventory: This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the worker takes and deposits materials, tools and anything they find along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a drop; saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).
This is “page 2” of the Lumberjack GUI. It shows a list of recognized saplings it can work with. Here you can turn ON or OFF which type of trees the Lumberjack will chop down and replant. You can then have 1 lumberjack for 2 types of trees (for example). And the buttons:
- Tasklist Where you can individually select the saplings (tree types) that you want the Lumberjack to work with.
- Toggle all: A button so you can just turn ALL saplings (tree types) "On" or "Off" for easier management.