Note: The Nether Mine cannot be built until you have finished the research in the University.
The Nether Mine is where the Nether Miner works. The Nether Miner travels into the Nether and mines resources found there. The level of the hut determines what items Nether Miner brings back.
- Level 1: blaze rod, ender pearl, ghast tear, gold ingot, gold nugget, gravel, gunpowder, leather, magma cream, nether quartz ore, netherrack, porkchop, rotten flesh, soul sand, soul_soil.
- Level 2: All items from previous levels, plus brown mushroom, crimson fungus, crimson nylium, crimson stem, glowstone, nether wart, red mushroom.
- Level 3: All items from previous levels, plus basalt, warped fungus, warped nylium, warped_stem.
- Level 4: All items from previous levels, plus blackstone, nether gold ore.
- Level 5: All items from previous levels, plus ancient debris.
The Nether Miner can also craft lava buckets.
Note: The portal in the Nether Mine will transport players to the Nether. However, the Nether Miner does not actually travel into the Nether, nor do they actually mine any blocks in the Nether.
Nether Mine GUI
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the crafting recipes.
Here you can see all the crafting recipes this building knows. The arrows allow you to move them up or down in priority. You are also able to disable specific recipes.
The third tab of the GUI is the minimum stock.
Use this button to tell the Nether Mine to keep a minimum stock on hand. Set items will be displayed above the button.
The fourth tab of the GUI is the settings.
Recipe Mode: This is unlocked by researching Warehouse Master in the University. This changes how multiple recipes for the same item are prioritized.
Priority: This is the default setting. The hut will try to use recipes that are higher up in their recipe list first.
Warehouse Stock: The hut will look in the warehouse first to see what resource you have more of before deciding what recipe it will use.
Close portal on return: Tells the Nether Miner whether to close the portal or not when they return. Default is On.
The fifth tab of the GUI is the food.
Listed here are items that can be used by the Nether Miner as food while they are traveling in the nether. Simply turn on any that you want your Nether Miner to eat, and a Courier will deliver those items when they need food.
Each row contains a button to toggle the usage of this item on or off. By default this is on for all items.
There are also two controls on the page:
- The black box at the top is a search field.
- Reset to default allows you to reset everything to on.
The sixth tab of the GUI is the tasks.
This tab shows you any requests the hut is working on, and where it is going.
The seventh tab of the GUI is the expedition log.
Here it will show the current expedition the Nether Miner is currently on. From top to bottom the following is shown:
- The name of the Nether Miner going on the expedition.
- The status of the adventure.
- The Nether Miner their current health.
- The Nether Miner their current saturation.
- The Nether Miner their equipment.
- All the enemies the Nether Miner defeated on their expedition.
- All the resources the Nether Miner gathered on their expedition.