The Shepherd’s Hut is where the Shepherd will breed and butcher sheep for food and wool. You will have to capture and bring in two sheep to the Shepherd’s Hut, as the Shepherd will not catch and bring in any sheep.
Note: The Shepherd will only keep two sheep alive per hut level, so at level 5 they will have ten sheep in their holding pens to breed and butcher. This means they will be faster at producing and collecting meat and wool. So:
|Building Level||Sheep Housed|
Research: No research is required for this building.
Shepherd’s Hut GUI
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the minimum stock.
Use this button to tell the Shepherd’s Hut to keep a minimum stock on hand. Set items will be displayed above the button.
The third tab of the GUI is the settings.
Breeding: On by default. Here you can choose if the Shepherd will breed (and consequently kill) sheep.
Feeding: On by default. Here you can choose if the Shepherd will feed baby animals, to let them grow up faster.
Dyeing: On by default. Here you choose if the Shepherd will dye sheep random colors to get differently colored wool. (They do not require dye to do this.)
Shearing: On by default. Here you can choose if the Shepherd will shear the sheep or not.