Welcome to the Smeltery Information Site.
Before you choose a place to build the Smeltery, take into account the location from Mine, Warehouse and/or other Worker(s). After you have selected a place for the Hut, you have to craft the Smeltery’s Hut block and place it with your Building Tool. Once the hut block is placed, the Smelter will be automatically assigned (or you can manually assign one with the best Traits for Smelter if you changed this in the settings tab in the Town Hall’s GUI.
Now you will have to issue the builder the “Build” assignment so it can build the “Smeltery’s Hut”. Once the builder is done you can now hire the Smelter and it will start to process all the block ores that your Miner(s) are mining and turn them into ingots or blocks for all your Towns needs.
Hint: Once the builder is done you will want to upgrade the Smeltery to get all the awesome perks it has to offer for higher levels. The higher the level of the Hut the more furnaces the Smelter will be able to use and it will have a higher chance to double and even triple the ingot output per block of ore. The way it works is that the Worker level determines the “Chance” is has to either Double or Triple the ingot output of the ores, according to the Hut level. So:
|Building Level||Normal Output||% of Doubling Output||% of Tripling Output||Furnace(s)|
|1||100%||Worker Level Chance||—||1|
|2||100%||2 x Worker Level Chance||—||2|
|4||—||100%||Worker Level Chance||4|
|5||—||100%||Worker Level Chance||5|
When accessing the Smeltery’s Hut block (right clicking on it), you will see a GUI with different options:
The Worker assigned and it's Level. (The worker levels up in time by doing it's work. The higher the level the faster and more efficient it will be). And the buttons:
- Fire/Hire Worker: If you think you have a better citizen for the job with better skills or traits.
- Recall Worker: If the worker gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the worker has or give them something directly.
- Build/Upgrade Building: To create the build/upgrade/relocation work order for this building.
- Repair Building: So the builder can recreate the original building (at the current level) and fix any broken, missing or unwanted addons to the original building.
- List of Recipes: Lists the recipes that you have taught to this worker's hut.
- Teach Recipe: Opens a 2x2 crafting grid which allows you to teach this hut recipes, which the currently assigned worker will use to craft items that they require.
- Inventory: This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the worker takes and deposits materials, tools and anything they find along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a drop; saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).