Welcome to the Stone Smeltery Information Site.
Before you choose a place to build the Stone Smeltery, take into account the location from Mine, Warehouse and/or other Worker(s). After you have selected a place for the Hut, you have to craft the Stone Smeltery’s Hut block and place it with your Building Tool. Once the hut block is placed, the Stone Smelter will be automatically assigned (or you can manually assign one with the best Traits for Stone Smelter if you changed this in the settings tab in the Town Hall’s GUI.
Now you will have to issue the builder the “Build” assignment so it can build the “Stone Smeltery’s Hut”. Once the builder is done you can now hire the Stone Smelter and they will, upon request, turn cobblestone to stone, stone bricks to cracked stone bricks, clay balls to brick, and clay blocks to terracotta for all your Towns needs.
Hint: Once the builder is done you will want to upgrade the Stone Smeltery to get all the awesome perks it has to offer for higher levels. The higher the level of the Hut the more furnaces the Smelter will be able to use. So:
When accessing the Stone Smeltery’s Hut block (right clicking on it), you will see a GUI with different options:
The Worker assigned and it's Level. (The worker levels up in time by doing it's work. The higher the level the faster and more efficient it will be). And the buttons:
- Manage Worker: Hire and Fire workers, if you think you have a better citizen for the job with better skills or traits.
- Recall Worker: If the worker gets stuck somewhere, or you just want to see what the worker has or give them something directly.
- Build Options: To create the build/upgrade/relocation/repair work order for this building.
- Delivery Priority: Automatic or Static option to set priority that the deilveryman will deliver requested items. (1/10 is the lowest priority and 10/10 is the highest priority)
- List of Recipes: Lists the recipes that you have taught to this worker's hut.
- Teach Recipe: Opens a 2x2 or 3x3 crafting grid or which allows you to teach this hut recipes, which the currently assigned worker will use to craft items that they require.
- Inventory: This is the most important button. Here you can access the buildings storage from where the worker takes and deposits materials, tools and anything they find along the way (citizens will pickup anything in their path that is considered a drop; saplings, seeds, rotten flesh, bones, arrows, etc.).
- Fuel: Listed are items that can be used by the cook as fuel in the furnaces. Simply turn on any that you want your cook to use, and the deliveryman will deliver those items to the cook when they need fuel.