The University is where a Researcher will research various upgrades to your colony.
As you level up the University, you can hire more Researchers:
Each Researcher can start their own research, but more Researchers does not lower the amount of time each individual research takes. For example, having two Researchers but only one research in progress does not decrease the time that single research takes.
Note: Research time is real-world time spent in-game. However, Researchers will sometimes use offline time to work on researches. Researchers’ Knowledge skill affects the amount of research time they get from the offline time (it’s not a 1:1 ratio), and their Mana skill affects the max amount of research time they can get. Offline research time is unlocked at University level 3.
Research: No research is required for this building.
The first tab of the GUI is the main interface.
- Building Name: Shows the name of the building, including the level of the building.
- Pencil: Allows you to rename the building. The level of the building will always be listed after the name.
- Assigned Workers: Tells you the worker assigned to this building.
- Manage Workers: Lets you change which worker is assigned to work at this hut. There can only be one worker at each hut. Note: this only works if you have turned the worker hiring mode in the Town Hall block to manual, otherwise your citizens will be hired automatically.
- Recall Worker: Recalls the worker at this building to their hut block. You might use it if they are stuck somewhere, you want to see what they have, or want to give them something directly.
- Build Options: Lets you create a build, upgrade, or repair build order for this hut. To learn more about the building system, please visit the Builder page.
- Request system:
- Pickup Priority: You can set the priority that a Courier will visit this hut and pick up items (when the worker at this hut issues a request), or you can tell Couriers to never visit this hut to pick up items. (For the pickup priority, 10 is the highest.)
- Request Pickup Now: You can click this button in order to tell any available Courier to come and pick up all the items from the building.
- Info Button: Some huts have an in-game guide. Press the ? button to access it.
- Inventory: Here you can access the hut block’s storage, where the worker at this hut takes and deposits materials. They will also use any racks that were placed in the hut when it was built or upgraded, so be sure to check those as well!
- Chest Icon: Click this button to see all the items in the hut’s storage (including the hut block’s inventory and any racks that came with the hut). Clicking the ? button next to an item’s count will highlight the storage container it’s in.
The second tab of the GUI is the research.
Here you can select what research you want to unlock. Research in Progress displays how many research projects are currently being worked on, along with the maximum research that can be done. Once you click on a research tree, you will see the options for each research branch. Each option will tell you the requirements and how long it takes to research that option. To see a description of each of the researches, please visit the Research System page.