Welcome to the Building Tool page. Crafting the building tool is simple and it is THE most important tool you will need for the entire mod. With the building tool you can place the Supply Ship or Supply Camp, all the buildings, worker huts and even even any structure scanned by you (see Schematics) in the perfect way. The possibilitites are endless! Watch a short video of how it works here:
The first step is to craft the Building Tool (just two sticks and a block of cobblestone, simple, right?).
To place a Worker hut or a Building (from the mod) you have to have the Hut block you have crafted in your Inventory. Then you can right click on the block where you want to place it. The GUI will pop up where you have many options:
Left Drop Down: Here you will see 3 general categories; My Schematics, Decorations and Hut Blocks/Building Blocks.
- My Schematics- In this category you will see all the scans you have made.
- Decorations- In here are already several structures considered decoration that you can use. Or if you have placed your own scans in this folder (to organized them as decorations).
- Hut Blocks/Building Blocks- When you have a Hut/Building block in your inventory (or several) it will apear in the list for you to place and view.
Middle Drop Down This is where you will see the different styles (according to what you have chosen in left drop down).
Right Drop Down Here you will be able to see, depending on what you chose:
- From My Schematics- the name of the schematic (either auto-generated or if you have named it).
- From Decorations- all decoration that are of the specified “style” previously chosen in middle drop down.
- From Hut Blocks/Building Blocks- The level of the building (previously chosen in middle drop down) from level 1 to level 5.
Right in the middle of the screen are the controls to “adjust” the structure you are about to place.
- The blue arrows are so you can move the 3D structure you are viewing (front - back - right - left).
- The orange Minus and Plus signs are to Raise or Lower the structure.
- The orange Curved Arrows are to Rotate teh structure left or right.
- The orange triangles in the middle are to mirror the image (to change right to left and left to right).
- The green Check Mark is when you are done and want to “commit” to placing it.
The red X is to cancel te whole process.
- Note: When in creative you will also see in the lower right the Copy and Paste options.
Hint: Once you have the GUI open you can press the "ESC" button on your keyboard so that the 3D image will remain and you can move around and take a better look at it from all sides to make sure it's the way you want it! Then you can right click with the building tool again towards the 3D image (on a block or even in the air) to go back to the GUI so you can "nudge" your structure to the best place and orientation that you want. You can repeat this process as many times as you want before clicking the green check mark to "commit" to the placement of the structure.
Now that you have the structure ready to place click on the green check mark and voilá… it will be sent as a buld order to the builder if it’s a decoration or schematic. But if it’s a Hut or building from the mod you might have to go into the Hut block’s GUI and press on the “Build” button to have the build order sent to the builder.
You can check in the Townhall GUI under the Work Orders tab to see the queue of all build requests you have for the builder.